Kindy Kids Perth

Child Care Subsidy

Childcare Subsidy

To work out if you are eligible for the Child Care Subsidy you will need to complete an assessment using your online Centrelink account through myGov.

To get this you must:
• care for a child 13 or younger who’s not attending secondary school, unless an exemption applies
• use an approved child care service be responsible for paying the child care fees
• meet residency and immunisation requirements.

Read the full conditions
If you’re thinking about enrolling your child at Kindy Kids, you should do this as soon as possible. 
What you will need:

• Combined family income
• Activity level of parents
• Type of child care service

Please be aware that assessments can take up to 28 days to be processed, and during that time you will be required to pay full fees. Once your assessment has been processed, and you are eligible, your payments will backdate to the date that Centrelink has approved.

To start, you need to ensure you have an active myGov account, once you have done this you’ll need to link Centrelink. We have provided an overview below.
Child Care Subsidy - Kind Kids Perth

General Information

The subsidy is paid directly to the child care provider to reduce the fees you pay.

You may be eligible if you or your partner meet all of the following:

• care for your child at least 2 nights per fortnight, or have 14% care
• are liable for fees for care provided at an approved child care service
• meet the residency rules.

Your child must also meet both of these:

• immunisation requirements
• not be attending secondary school unless an exemption applies.

If your child attends secondary school, you may still be eligible if they need supervision. They must be either:

• 13 or under
• 14 to 18 with disability.

Who can get it >

  • The amount of Child Care Subsidy you can get depends on your circumstances.

    Use the Payment and Service Finder to estimate how much Child Care Subsidy you may get.

    To work out how much Child Care Subsidy you’re eligible the following will be considered:

    • your family’s income
    • the hourly rate cap based on the type of approved child care you use and your child’s age
    • the hours of activity you and your partner do.

    The amount of subsidised child care you can access per fortnight applies to each child.

    • Your Income can affect it
    • The type of childcare you use affects it
    • Your activity level affects it

How much can you get >

1. Get ready to claim

The easiest way to claim is online.
To claim online, you need a myGov account linked to Centrelink.
If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to set them up.

2. Get your documents ready

You’ll need to get some supporting documents ready to help answer some of the questions in the claim.

3. Make your claim

1. Sign in to myGov and go to Centrelink.
2. Select Payment and Claims from the menu, then Claims, then Make a claim.
3. Under Families, select Get started.
4. Answer all the questions. Each screen has information to help you complete the claim. This includes how to submit your supporting documents.
5. Submit your claim.

For help, use the online guide to claim Child Care Subsidy.

How to claim >

If you get Child Care Subsidy, you have an ongoing responsibility to keep your information up to date.

You need to report if:

• your family’s income changes
• your or your partner’s activity levels change
• your relationship status changes
• there are any other changes to your or your partner’s circumstances.

Australian Government Services need accurate information about your family circumstances to pay you the correct amount. They may overpay you if they don’t have accurate and up to date details. If this happens, you’ll have to pay back the amount you owe.

Keep in mind, some things may affect your Child Care Subsidy amount. These include if:

• your family income is close to $355,304
• you get both Child Care Subsidy and Family Tax Benefit
• you increase your child care hours.

How to manage your payment >

We advise you to enroll your child with us at Kindy Kids, and then register at myGov to see if you are eligible for any child care subsidy.

Please note: This information was correct at the time of publishing, July 2020. Please check the myGov website for the most up to date information.